Speakers for my Quad setup?

indus

Distinguished Member
Hi

I have on order Quad 909 amp and Quad 99 CD-P. When auditioned the setup I started off with RS6s then some Quads, then RS8 and finally FocalMJLab Chorus 716V. The latter was far and away the better speaker for me, I loved the way it handled and projected the bass, which is important for me.

Are there any other similar(better!) speakers I should audition? Max £1k

Many thanks

D

dragon_u_2007

I also have the Quad 909.

My I suggest you listen to the Dali Ikon 6. Check the Dali website which has some reviews.

Cheers

indus

Distinguished Member
I also have the Quad 909.

My I suggest you listen to the Dali Ikon 6. Check the Dali website which has some reviews.

Cheers

Thanks. You're right, after all I've read about these I have to have a listen prior to making a decision. Not many stockists in London but I've found one that also holds the Quad kit so I can audition the whole set up
:)

indus

Distinguished Member
Ok so far I have auditioned

1) MA RS6 and 8....no

2) Quad (can't remember which ones!:oops:)....no

3) Focal MJ Labs Chorus 716v...liked these but its been some time now

Today I tried

4) Dali Ikon 6...no

5) PMC GB1 ...not bad but no

6) Dynaudio Focus140....liked these alot! Really energetic, full, warm sound.

7) Dynaudio Focus220...these were nice also.

Really I want something as warm as the 140(which sounds so nice at low volumes) but with a bit more of the refinement that the 220 gives especially on vocals.

Any ideas? Or anything else I should audition even if what I've asked for is impossible? Max budget now £1.5ishk

Many thanks

indus

Distinguished Member
Come on guys! Someone must have some ideas!:lease:

indus

Distinguished Member
How about Ruark Sabre 3?

cheers

Problem is I can't seem to find a Quad dealer (so that he'll have my set up to use) that also stocks Ruark!
Thanks for trying though:)

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom