Question Speakers for Musical Fidelity A3/RP2/Goldring 2100

DickyArt

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm after some large Bookshelf/Standmount speakers or possibly Floorstanders that can handle being near a rear wall (no further than 300mm). Around £500
My room is 3.4m x 4.8m.

Presently I have Musical Fidelity A3/RP2/Goldring 2100 with B&W 601 S3 speakers on Atacama Nexus 5 Stands. Sound nice and punchy and good bass but become a bit muddled at high volume.
I want a bit more bass but tight and clear acoustics throughout the range and at higher volume.

Before these B&W I had Tannoy Revolution R1 on wall brackets. Tight but little bass.

Then I used some Tannoy DC2000 floorstanders but the treble was harsh at high volumes.

I've thought about changing my amp also, but maybe that's another story!

A HiFi dealer said to me that the Tannoy XT6F Floorstanders are a Lean sounding speaker and sound very good next to a wall (floor facing port)!
I will have to listen to some.

The Standmounts I fancy are:-
B&W 606
KEF Q350
Dynaudio Emit M20

Forgive me for "rambling" and repeating myself as I did post similar in the "Systems and Separates" by mistake.

Thanks

I can only go with what I have used and a second hand set of Kef Reference model 1.1 should fit the bill. Available in several finishes and a lovely sounding speaker should be worth a look imo. With what you have listed I would find a local retailer and request a home audition. Good luck.

Last edited:
Don't know the Ref 1.1 thought they were just the ref 1
Bit out of my price range though!
I'm thinking of £600 max.

I'll keep an eye open for any nearer home although I can't see them coming up for sale very often.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom