1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for Denon AVR-1905 (Urgent Help please!)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cmcg55, Jun 10, 2005.

1. cmcg55

cmcg55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

I'm actually posting this on behalf of a friend who doesn't have internet access (yeah, there's still some out there!), but hope I can get some fairly quick answers...

Quick background: my friend finally ditched his off-the-shelf Dixons HT setup and decided to get some better components to be placed in a converted garage. He's been gradually building for a little while now (takes time, didn't have all the cash in one go), but his video components are now in place. However, he's now started building the audio end of things, and asked me for some help. His first audio unit went in last weekend, a Denon AVR-1905 receiver. However, now he's getting impatient to "get finished", and wants to complete the setup ASAP. However... he's currently "speaker-less"! Actually, he's just using the old Dixons crapola for the minute, but obviously, it sounds pretty iffy and he's itching to get new speakers in.

He's the first to admit though that speakers aren't an area he's that knowledgeable about, so I told him I would see what I could find out on AVforums.com. However, it naturally completely slipped my mind until he called me last night and asked what I'd come up with (which would have been... nothing).

Here's some more detail:

• He's looking for a full 7 speaker setup + the sub.
    • His budget is (in his words) "1,000, maybe 1,200 for everything except the sub".
    • He doesn't know how much a sub will run him, but he did say "Hope it's not much more than 400"
    • His garage is about 15' (long) by 10' (wide), and the setup is exclusively for movies (music is still done "in the house").

Help me out here, guys... he's itching to get going and wants to do a couple of road-trips with me this weekend to do some auditioning, but right now, I can't even begin to point him in the right direction. Recommendations for a full 7.1 setup for a Denon 1905?