1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for Denon AVCA11XC

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Maxheadroom, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Maxheadroom

Maxheadroom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned in another thread I'm upgrading my whole setup.
    This Denon AVA-A11XC amp is a bit of a pipe dream and 10 times more expensive than the one I had my eye on. But it is a very nice amp with it's HDMI output n'all.

Anyway, what sort of 5.1 speaker set would complement this sort of amp? It's primerally for home cinema use (not so much music).

I know the stock response here is to demo various sets myself but that's not so easy when you live in the Isle of Man. We're not quite as 'country' as the Fast Show would have you believe but we have a shocking lack of quality, well stocked HiFi shops.

We don't even have a Pizza Hut

2. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    That's a serious piece of kit!

I would think that M&K 850/1s would do it justice! Given you like the type of sound M&K has!

BUT - if this amp is really 10x more than the one you had your eyes one be careful - to keep everything balanced you'll have to spend 10x more on the speakers and 10x more on the DVD-player and.... get the pattern!?

3. Maxheadroom

Maxheadroom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you recomend anything with floorstanding front speakers?

The only half way decent part of my existing kit is a pair of Wharfedeale MFM7's on me front left & right. If possible I'd like to replace them with other floorstanders.

4. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I haven't personally heard the MFM7 - but ppl have mixed opinions! I would imagine that the Denon deserved better "tyres". If you're stuck to floorstanders the MK850 can be mounted on their optional stand which makes them look just like normal floorstanders - http://www.mksound.com/stands_brackets3.php

Forums members also have very good opinions on the PMC OB1 (which don't come cheap) but you're going to have to ask other ppl about these as I've not heard them (i think i would like them thou').

Note that there are a lot of options to go with that amp - but make sure it gets the speakers it deserves to be driving!

5. Maxheadroom

Maxheadroom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about these Kef Q's with that amp?

As mentioned earlier, given my backwater location I can't really demo them first so I really need the advice.

I'm not made of money and my credit card is going to need nursing back to health between each of these purchases so I have to get it right.