1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speakers for denon a11sr

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pack Dude, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    hi
    I am looking to buy some speakers for this amp. I was going to buy a 5.1 setup but i understand that would not be good for music. I would like them to be at least as good at music than movies.

Can anyone suggest some floor standing speakers for the fronts and a center to go along with them. I can spend about £1500 on them.
    And also speakers for the rear, i really dont know how much to spend on the backs. i dont think i will be able to use a subwoofer because of the neighbours.

I can only buy from the net so some links to some online speakers shops would be nice.

i had a look and the best i could come up with with this package, would it be anygood?

http://www.leconcepts.com/spkr/eltax/camargue.htm

Thanks for any help.

2. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi pack man

I have a Denon 11SR, my front speakers are Monitor Audio Gold Reference
    www.monitoraudio.com , they sound very good with music, my surrounds are much cheaper.

I have no experience of the Eltax Carmargues but I did consider them before I bought my MAs.

I would go to a local HiFi dealer as most are willing to lend speakers to try at home, which is always a good thing to do.

Have a look here for prices http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/products/mainhi-filoudspeakers.html

3. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    thanks for the help eddiea.

Unfortunately there are no dealers anywhere near me thats one of the reasons i want to buy mail order.

I guess the Monitor Audio Gold Ref 20 would be over kill for this amp? Its also hard to find anyone selling them online.

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I'm running a B&W 600-3 series with my A1SR (603, 600 rears and LCR60), and I like them!