Speakers for Denon 2805 Zone B.

AgeOwns

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend speakers for my Denon 2805 to use in Zone B, the kitchen. I run Kef Eggs in with the amp, but don't need anything that fancy for the kitchen. All i know is that the amp is 100Watt per channel so the speakers will need to be able to cope with that.

Any ideas, for sub £100, about £50 would be nicer!

Many thanks

Have a look at Richer Sounds as they seem to have a few makes of bookshelf speakers that should fit the bill including a pair of JBL Control 1 mini monitors for £49.95

not sure what you mean, you want a pair of satellites and a sub for the kitchen? for £100 total or willin got pay up to £100 for the sub and ? for the speakers

If the total budget is £100 personally at that price range i'd get a pair of Logitech satellites with sub (a 2.1 computer speaker package basically) they are not bad sounding, fairly loud and proud. you can run them from the preout instead of the speaker output (just plug a stereo phono cable in to the Left and Right channel preouts on the amp).....

otherwise as Ian suggests JBL Control 1's, or if you can put in a slightly bigger speaker a pair of Missions or Gales.....(usually around £60)....as for a sub tho, tbh you dont get much for that kind of money....there are some available but you'd need to go secondhand for it to be worth it....i'd rather do without a sub and have decent bookshelfs...but if room is an issue then as i said go for the computer speakers, they make them cheaper than the hifi people but to a fairly similar quality (in the sub, the satellites wont be amazing, but they will sound pretty good from Logitech)

either of those should be good for a second zone, dont worry about the amp being more powerful, just take care setting volume......

try and go in the shop during a quiet time (if you plan on visiting rather than ordering online) and see if they will quickly hook them up just to see which you prefer, they may say no tho as they stopped doing demos a while ago, if thats the case, get the Missions first, if you not happy with them take them back and swap them for the Control 1's......i think richer sounds allow you to bring them back within 14 days if i remember right....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom