1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for Denon 1906 amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rich5ltr, Oct 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Rich5ltr

Rich5ltr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right here goes, can I ask a simple question; I have a Panasonic 32 LCD HD screen and at the weekend bought a Denon 1920 DVD player. OK so far... Now I want to add the Denon 1906 AV amp, i) because it suits my budget and ii) because it will match the DVD (these things are important to me ;) ). I rather like the look and sound of the KEF Q series speakers, and am considering Q4 floorstanders at the front and Compact Qs at the rear with an appropriate KEF centre speaker. The KEFs are rated at 100w and the 1906 is at 80w x 7 so does this sound ok to you guys? Rich...

2. gasman1

gasman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Like to bump this one, as Im interested in the kef q4s, seems superfi do an av package for £500 with 2 Q4s 2 compacts and a q6c (no sub), hopefully could get richer sounds to price match as no where near a superfi and they wont do postal sales. I reckon could get the whole lot for less than £750 (amp included) with a bit of haggling, leaving £250 for a psw 2500 (seems a sub is needed as the freq response of the kefs is only down to 42Hz), seems a good price, but would it sound any good, found this http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/35/V/1/SP/332804698288342919258

3. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 1906 driving a set of mission mcubes and have been amazed with the sound quality on movies and more than happy with the music quality on CD. They are a bit more expensive than the eggs but you could probably pick up 5 cubes, amo and cable for about £800.

4. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    This is a difficult one to answer, I am torn between Denons good track record with amplification and the fact these speakers are probably at their best with a meatier amp behind them. I have heard them driven by a 3803 (and they were nice) but not an amp as lean as the 1906.

5. mickjones49

mickjones49

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought exactly the setup you describe Rich, 1920 DVD, 1906 amp, KEF Q4 front, Q6c centre, my rears are MS10's - a hangover from a previous system, and I added an Eltax sub woofer that was such a steal from Richer Sounds that I couldn't resist. I am not dissappointed either The KEFS are clear and the frequency response is just what it says on the tin. For just over a grand all in you will have to go a long way up the price scale to beat this combination - in my view.

I would welcome some advice though. I have an ADV2000 decoder, which I like a lot. Now I have the 1906 is the ADV2000 redundant or is there some usefull way I can include it in the new set up?