Question Speakers for corner setup

crazyrat25

Novice Member
I've just upgraded my old LG 42" TV to a Samsung UE48h6400 set and really loving the set. However, I would now like to upgrade the sound. I have included a (not to scale) drawing of our small living room. Rear speakers are pretty much out of the question as is moving the TV due to the wife.

I was considering a cheap samsung soundbar with wireless sub but after spending hours reading on here, it's probably false economy to go with that? Audio wise in the living room at the moment I do have a bowers and wilkins z2. Is it possible/worth connecting that to the TV?

The current setup consists of the TV, An Apple TV 32gb and xbox one. I have a PC upstairs in the house running Plex server and use the client on the TV for playback. Hope someone can help!

Attachments

• living room.png
    living room.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 32

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Given your layout and room size a sound bar may well be your best option. What budget do you have? You could buy an AVR and passive sound bar but if you are never going to have rear speakers then not sure you need to go down that route. A reasonable quality sound bar connected to the TV would be an improvement over the TV speakers. If looking at that option then Yamaha do some of the best available although they are not that cheap.

crazyrat25

Novice Member
Thanks for the quick reply. my budget is initially £200 but if saving a bit more would make a bigger difference then that's what I'll do. the soundbar I was looking at is the Samsung HW-J450 2.1. A different league to the Yamaha I think!

ila66

Look at the yamaha YSP1400 gets great reviews and is £219 at richersounds at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom