1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for AVR3805

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by workshy, Nov 18, 2004.

1. workshy

workshy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have just started the upgrade process into separates and bought the marvelous Denon AVR3805. Thing is I want to upgrade the speaker system at home soon to go with it. Want speakers to be as small as possible and pref not too pricey.

Any recommendations??

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Workshy,

What about the Kef Egg Range or even the new Mordaunt Short Genie speakers they have just won an Award, both of these speakers are relatively small and not too expensive.
    Oh and theres also the Castles Compacts which again are small and relatively inexpensive.

John

3. workshy

workshy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Does anyone have any views on the Sony SAVE835EDs??? Thinking of getting these as my surround and Zone 2 speakers...

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I haven't heard these but generally Sony has a poor reputation for speakers and in any event they would seem to be a gross quality mismatch for a Denon 3805 amp

5. Santy

Santy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went down Genie route, best speakers in terms of build quality etc., not installed yet but superb look & feel (I also went down Denon 3805) - that is S**T HOT!

Quality, and sound (old TDL floor standars at moment just to get it up and running).

:D

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    It is criminal to use a smaller sub sat package on an amp as accomplished as the 3805.

You would be better off with stand mounts such as Monitor Audios, or better still Quads L series, 12L's on the front, 11L's at the back, and L centre.

The Genies are supposed to be able to improve with the quality of the amplification provided, so could be a good bet, I'd still say something from Quad, Monitor Audio, KEF or even the Castle compact surround system would be a better buy, after spending that much on the amp, the last thing you want to do is limit its potential by not allowing a suitable output conduit.

7. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,303
    If musical performance is really important, the Castles may be worth their extra £200 over Genie- film wise there is little to call between the two.