• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speakers for Arcam Solo

ABC*

I recently bought the Arcam from the classifieds on here and I'm currently using the Arcam Alto's that came with it, they're quite a nice sounding speaker but I feel I need something a bit more open sounding, would the Rega RS1 suit (in classifieds for £210) or I've also been looking at Focal 705V (£199) and 714v (£349)???
Budget is up to £350, room is about 5.5m X 4.5m.

Last edited:

ABC*

Well I've got them now - and they are without doubt the best speakers I have ever heard!
With the port bungs in (they aren't far from the side walls) the bass is so nice punchy and tight and so far with most of the music I've listened to there is so much more atmosphere and I swear I can hear some things on some tracks I've never heard/noticed before..very happy :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom