Speakers for a noob

HarveyWallBanger

Novice Member
Hello guys,
I don't know if I had to introduce myself in the forum but I haven't found the appropriate section. I'm throwing myself into the HT world but I'm groping in the dark, I have many doubts, especially about which speakers to take. I'd like to start from a 3.1, eventually, I'll add the surrounds later. Let's not talk about Atmos for the moment. I already have a DENON x1600h DAB and an SVS SB1000. I give you some more info:
  • budget depends, around 500 € with central and front, I could go up a little if it's worth it
  • the room is small, it is 3x3mt (10ftx10ft), seeing the available space, obviously I'd take some bookshelf
  • I don't need high volumes, I use 30% movies, 50% gaming, 20% music
  • I sit about 1.6m (5,3ft) from the TV
  • I live in Italy
I saw something: ELAC B5.2 + C5.2, POLK Audio S15 + S30 and these that have a higher budget DALI OBERON 1 + OBERON Vokal. I have never heard them play, I can't go to a local dealer, I don't know if they are ideal for my AVR, especially the latter which have the central with 4Ω, I don't know if they are overkill for the size of my room and if I will have the power to add surrounds and maybe Atmos later.
Thanks!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom