• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speakers for a 4.8m X 3.6m home theater shed in garden ?

paul sheff

HI guys . I recently decided and managed to convince the wife we need a home theater / home cinema in the garden .
After doing a little homework it seems that this space would be considered small ?
I am planning to have a 100" screen (on the 3.6m wide wall) and projector . And fitting in 2 rows of 3 seats
I have been doing lots of reading over the past 2 weeks and I am really liking the look of the Dali zensor range of speakers . There is a richer sounds in sheffield about 10miles from home where I will more than lightly be buying all my gear . This is 1 option I have seen

Dali zensor 1 1.5.1 . Which consists of the Denon AVRX2300 ,zensor 1 speakers X 4 front left and right and rear left and right . Zensor vocal centre speaker and the e9 sub

Or

I was thinking do I go with the same AV reciever but splash out on the Dali vocal centre zensor 5 floor standers for the front zensor 1s for the rear and beefing up the sub to the e12

Would the first or second option be the best idea ? Looking for a bit of advise as a complete noob in this game

Cheers in advance

Paul

ashenfie

Having a good front 3 speaker line up is important and Dali are a good brand and well matched with the denon. So thats a great combo

Regards the 5 verses the 1. If your planning mostly movies I think your better sticking with the 1 or 3 for fronts. Floor standers give more bass , but you don't need bass as the sub will doing that job. The 3's will go loader and would be worth considering for the fronts

Sub wise I would go with the direct seller bkelec as a direct seller they offer fantastic value for money and for slight less, you get a much better sub, say the xxls400

Good luck

paul sheff

Thanks for the reply guys . I'm looking at the sub now . I haven't even Hurd the dali speakers get . Just going on some the reviews I have seen and the appearance lol
I am also undecided weather to make a false screen wall and have the speakers hidden in the wall or go for the easier option of mounting em to the wall and having em on show ?
What Are the pros and cons ? Is it just looks ? Or is there a benefit having the speakers behind the screen in the wall ?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you want speakers in the wall then buy in wall speakers. Do not put normal speakers into holes in a false wall. It will adversely affect the sound.
If putting speakers behind the screen you need to buy a more expensive Accoustically transparent screen. The benefit is having the speakers in the right location and tying sound to the screen.

paul sheff

Ah ok . Guess I am showing my lack of knowlDge here lol
Are there any other speakers that are best suited to home theater . It's deco going to be used for movies and gaming rather than music so towers are getting crossed off

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Movies are mastered with a sub and satellite speakers in mind. So no need to buy standmounts or floorstanders. A good set of satellite speakers will do a great job. Something like the b&w M1s would be a good place to start with a bk electronics or svs sub.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
They are smaller limited range speakers. Typically do not do lower than 60-70hz although some are much higher than that.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Some of the smaller standmounts could be classed as satellite speakers but generally they are the smaller lifestyle speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom