Speakers dilemma max 400£

Wingstone

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all ! I'm try to buy some floorstanding speakers and my budget its tight I want spend max 400£. I want to replace my kef 5.1 first gen. My amp its Sony 7.1 with 150w a chanel. Speakers be in my not big living room 5m x 5m it's just coffee table , sofa there and tv stand. I was thinking to buy secondhand kef q500 or new Jamo s805.
I'm open to any suggestions of course.
Thanks for help.

Wharfedale diamond 230 get good reviews and well within your budget

Hi. Just a though, but that budget gets far better stand mounts than floorstanders, and stand mounts will easily fill a room that size.

Monitor Audio Monitor 200 (3g) are within budget brand new.

MISSION lx4 mark 2 are also within budget. These are the floorstanding version of the award winning Lx2 mk2.

too much.

£100 would be a good price. £150 is ok. over £200 is way too much for what they are. there are better speakers for less.

too much.

£100 would be a good price. £150 is ok. over £200 is way too much for what they are. there are better speakers for less.
Thanks I was thinking its ok I was checking on ebay they going about 400£

Monitor Audio Monitor 200 (3g) are within budget brand new.

MISSION lx4 mark 2 are also within budget. These are the floorstanding version of the award winning Lx2 mk2.

I just check them they looks good but it's be ok fro tight space , on reviews people saying need care with positioning. Man I never know buying speakers are so hard lol

You could buy speaker stands for less than 100, I've often seen pairs go for less than 50 and spend 350 on standmounters, which as your happy to go second hand would open up a bigger market and likely get you a better speaker at said price point, just another option

5x5 isn't massive for some standmounters

You could buy speaker stands for less than 100, I've often seen pairs go for less than 50 and spend 350 on standmounters, which as your happy to go second hand would open up a bigger market and likely get you a better speaker at said price point, just another option

5x5 isn't massive for some standmounters
True but I'm also need a bit bass, on another point of view I don't like them how they look. I'm prefer floorstanders. It's good point from you anyway. Thanks

True but I'm also need a bit bass, on another point of view I don't like them how they look. I'm prefer floorstanders. It's good point from you anyway. Thanks
I prefer the look too. You'll struggle not to have boomy, flabby bass in a room that size, with cheap floorstanders though.
Good standmounts, will give deep, more controlled bass.

OK guys today im going to test Monitor Audio 300. Local hifi shop have them on sale for 399

OK guys today im going to test Monitor Audio 300. Local hifi shop have them on sale for 399
That's a great price for the 300. The 200 were £400 when they first came out and they are being sold for £359 to £379 at most places.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom