Speakers Cutting Out on Receiver

dieselman1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am in the process of switching from a Bose Lifestyle 20 to a non-Bose receiver. I am testing this with a receiver I already have (JVC RX-554VBK)to see if a non-Bose receiver will work before purchasing a new receiver.

There are 6 rooms that have Bose speakers built into the ceiling and the volume is controlled by an in-wall volume gauge. The front speakers are Bose cubes which are also controlled by an in-wall gauge. These speakers are wired with traditional speaker wiring into Bose amps. The house has been wired with Bose product. Then there are also 2 outdoor Bose speakers. I know Bose may not be the product of choice, but this is what was included in the house.

I was able to use the speaker wiring for the outdoor speakers and successfully setup a "zone" with the receiver. So when I push speaker 2 on the receiver, the outdoor speakers turn on.

The issue I am running into is with the wiring for the speakers in the house. There are six wires (red, white, blue, orange, green, black) that were connected to a Bose RCA component in-wall plate. I think these were wired incorrectly, as the speakers were humming. I've fixed the humming by disconnecting the speaker wiring from the RCA component in-wall, and plugging the speaker wires directly into the receiver like such.

Receiver Speaker Wiring:
Left Negative (-) Black
Left Positive (+) Red
Right Negative (-) Green
Right Positive (+) White
Rear Negative (-) Blue
Rear Positive (+) Orange

The issue is that I can only get the front speakers next to the TV to work or the 6 built in speakers. If I change the Left/Right speaker wires then the speakers throughout the house work momentarily. Once I turn off the receiver, only the front or the 6 speakers work.

What do you suggest? How can I switch to a non-Bose Lifestyle system to a new receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom