• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speakers Cutting Out on Receiver

dieselman1

Novice Member
Hi there,

I am in the process of switching from a Bose Lifestyle 20 to a non-Bose receiver. I am testing this with a receiver I already have (JVC RX-554VBK)to see if a non-Bose receiver will work before purchasing a new receiver.

There are 6 rooms that have Bose speakers built into the ceiling and the volume is controlled by an in-wall volume gauge. The front speakers are Bose cubes which are also controlled by an in-wall gauge. These speakers are wired with traditional speaker wiring into Bose amps. The house has been wired with Bose product. Then there are also 2 outdoor Bose speakers. I know Bose may not be the product of choice, but this is what was included in the house.

I was able to use the speaker wiring for the outdoor speakers and successfully setup a "zone" with the receiver. So when I push speaker 2 on the receiver, the outdoor speakers turn on.

The issue I am running into is with the wiring for the speakers in the house. There are six wires (red, white, blue, orange, green, black) that were connected to a Bose RCA component in-wall plate. I think these were wired incorrectly, as the speakers were humming. I've fixed the humming by disconnecting the speaker wiring from the RCA component in-wall, and plugging the speaker wires directly into the receiver like such.

Receiver Speaker Wiring:
Left Negative (-) Black
Left Positive (+) Red
Right Negative (-) Green
Right Positive (+) White
Rear Negative (-) Blue
Rear Positive (+) Orange

The issue is that I can only get the front speakers next to the TV to work or the 6 built in speakers. If I change the Left/Right speaker wires then the speakers throughout the house work momentarily. Once I turn off the receiver, only the front or the 6 speakers work.

What do you suggest? How can I switch to a non-Bose Lifestyle system to a new receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom