1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers and receiver for £300?? Anyone got any suggestions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dean randle, Apr 15, 2005.

1. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all! :hiya:
    I've been thinking about an upgrade to my surround sound. I currently have a Videologic Digitheatre 5.1 kit which I bought many years ago, and has given me great service. I purchased a Samsung HD745 dvd player just before Christmas to go with my Sanyo PLVZ2 projector, and have been really pleased with the results. This player has DVD-Audio and SACD featured, and I'd like to have a go at that.....but mainly I'd love to get DTS as I've only had the pleasure of Dolby Digital all these years.
    I've seen the Yamaha RX450 (?) advertised on these forums for £150, and wondered if I'd get a decent (enough) set of speakers for an equivalent amount. I shall probably get a few quid for the Videologic kit on ebay or the likes, but I guess I try and achieve a great home cinema experience within a reasonable budget!!!
    If anyone has any suggestions, experience, or advice, I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks in advance,

Dean.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Canton CD1 are the bargain of the momet for £240 (forum exclusive SRP£480) so if you can stretch you £400 ish all in can get a very nice and expandable system, if sall aluminium sats (black and silver) arent your thing see the AE bargains threads a bit more £££ but very good value for larger speakers

3. KarlD

KarlD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into superfi and got the RX-450, very good for the money. I also bought the ELAC sub-sat system for £200 giving a grand total of £350. Not too far off you goal budget.