Speakers and Amp

lokotek

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an amplifier Pioneer SA-8800 II
Specs:
Continuous power output is 80 watts* per channel, min. at 8 ohms from 10 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz with no more than 0.005% total harmonic distortion, or 80 watts* per channel at 4 ohms from 10 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz with no more than 0.005% total harmonic distortion.
Continuous power output
10Hz to 50,000Hz .... 80W+80W (T.H.D. 0.01%, 8ohms)
100W+100W (T.H.D. 0.02%, 4ohms)

and I want to buy the speakers Pioneer CS-959
Specs:
Nominal impedance 6.3 ohms
Maximum music power 120W
Rated input power 40W

The speakers will sound good?
Will the amplifier reheat?
If the speakers are not suitable for the amplifier that I have, can they be other models of suitable speakers?

Thank you very much!

Good news the amplifer will drive those speakers to their rated power output without breaking into a sweat and will be so low down their power curve that the distortion will the .005% level.
Whether it will sound good.. only you can be the judge. , Just don't overdrive the speakers or the coils will burn out. PLay music and if it starts getting harsh, then back off the volume.

The Speakers are fine for the Amp. As to whether they sound good, that's up to you to decide, but I see no conflict between the amp you have and the speakers, or any speakers for that matter, though their could be a few rare exceptions.

In general though, if those are the speakers you want, then fine, no problem.

Can you tell us the price of the speakers. Perhaps we can suggest better or different speaker for similar money?

The Pioneer CS-959 looks like a pretty substantial speaker -

Pioneer CS-959 - Google Search

Most people mistakenly assume a large speaker needs more power, that's rarely true. Though any speaker probably needs more power, larger speaker are typically more efficient and actually require less power.

Again, that combination should work fine.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom