1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers, Amp and wall brackets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nigeld, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Nigeld

Nigeld
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just come across this site and have to say found the quality of this forum most excellent...............

I have decided to plump for the Hitachi 42PD7200 and am looking for a little help from you guys and girls.

My amp is currently a Yammy DEPA5958 which is about 6 years old but still seems quite decent. That is wired up to Energy speakers which dit on small Bose like stands.

Do you think it is worth upgrading any of this kit ??

Any thoughts also on a decent wall bracket that either tilts or has a projecting arm that will do the Hitachi proud.....

Thanks in anticipation for your thoughts.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    If your happy with your kit then save your money.

You would gain all the newer, Dolby pro logic 2/2x, :dts:ES/EX/NOE:6(?) and maybe THX as well as more power (if needed), the ability to drive 6 or 7 speakers insted of 5(I cant find any info so im assuming its only a :dd: 5.1 amp because of the age) and maybe better stereo production (if wanted) and probably improved surround steering with a new amp purchase.

Im afraid I know nothing about your speakers so cant comment and dont own a plasma :( so cant help you there either.