• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Speaker Wiring Question: Parallel Circuit

Roen

Established Member
Without asking why, can someone opine if there will be any negative affects in the following setup:

Using Sewell Ocelot Banana Plugs, I connect the speaker wire going from my main front L R speakers to the side port, leaving the rear port open, and plug the Ocelot's into the speaker terminals on my receiver.

I then connect a set of Banana Plugs to the rears of the Ocelot Banana Plugs, in effect forming a parallel circuit.

I then leave the other end of the second set of Banana Plugs disconnected from anything, sealed from forming a short circuit.

Are there any electrical issues from forming a parallel, but open, circuit?

My electricity physics ain't that great.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
If the other end of the second set of banana plugs isn't connected to anything, then apart from the risk of short circuit (which you've already sealed against) then there shouldn't be any electrical issues.

There; I did it without asking why...doh; I just couldn't help myself. ;) :D

Roen

Established Member
If the other end of the second set of banana plugs isn't connected to anything, then apart from the risk of short circuit (which you've already sealed against) then there shouldn't be any electrical issues.

There; I did it without asking why...doh; I just couldn't help myself. ;) :D
Ha, many thanks.

It's just to piggy back a sub in pure direct mode, but to use digital bass management for regular use. All I'd have to do is unplug the sub cable and plug in the two speaker wire inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom