Speaker wiring query

dalespitfire

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After some basic assistance really.

I presently have my B&W DM601 S3's as the front pair in my 5.1 setup with an LCR60 centre and BK XLS200 sub. The speakers are wired with Gale XL415 Bi Wire cable which is run under the floor.

I've decided to create a dedicated music listening room and as such will be moving the sub and front pair into it with a Cambridge amp and cd player along with my Project turntable however I will not be moving the speaker wire

I'll be replacing them I think with a Boston Soundware XS 5.1 SE surround package and there lies the problem. Apparently these have tiny push openings for cable and I would be lucky to get even 215 strand let alone bi wire 415.

So my question is this....with leaving the cable in situ, where do I stand with connecting a thinner gauge cable, to the existing Gale?

Is this feasible without causing problems? Of course I know it's possible to do but I don't want introduce any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Phill

It'll be fine - BOSE have dictated the size/gauge of cables the terminals will take.

Simple option will be to splice a short length of the BOSE cable (inc connectors) to you existing cable (with the power disconnected of course !!!).

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom