Speaker wire

pops107

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I no this has been asked 100's of times but going to ask again sorry

Me and a friend of mine have both just got houses and need to run new speaker wires for our set ups

Both only 5.1
Mine monitor audio silver 200, c150, and silver fx
He has my old system monitor audio radius 90's

Longest runs will be 10m ish

I am thinking of getting a 100m real and split it so works out cheaper for us also looking around the £100 mark if that will get us what we need

What do you recommend

That does look good for the money I should of mentioned I was looking for white or grey but I expect that will paint over

That does look good for the money I should of mentioned I was looking for white or grey but I expect that will paint over

DCsk is good option then, although the price has raised but it´s still lot cheaper than QED Profile 79 (50m = 100£). Again measure if the 30m rolls is enough for you both, in that case two of em. 41£ vs 66£.
Amazon product ASIN B019545UQA

Last edited:
Great that will work for us thanks

Did not want to get dragged in to paying over odds for wire I don't need

Great that will work for us thanks

Did not want to get dragged in to paying over odds for wire I don't need

Better to have bit extra in the calculations as the wire needs to go up down smoothly so if not sure will the 30m roll be enough go 50m straight. Then you have some extra left for Atmos speakers for future perhaps. :)

It's going to be a struggle fitting my 5.1 in the room never mind atmos to

My room now is square the one where going to is more l shape

Will no more once I get in there just going to be changing flooring before we get in there so want to get the cable in before the floor

Order two 50meters rolls if 30meter roll is not enough, this is solid OFC cable (2,5mm2) for 10meter runs. 36£ for 50m so it´s quite cheap also.

Amazon product ASIN B01LFA7MHM
I got a 30m roll of this in the post today. Not wired it up yet because I am waiting for some cable braiding so I can make up a pair of Bi-wires to look like bought high-end cables. Very happy with the wire though, nice and heavy and a fat gauge 12.

Attachments

• 20211004_152742.jpg
    20211004_152742.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211004_152916.jpg
    20211004_152916.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 32
  • 20211004_152931.jpg
    20211004_152931.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 32
I got a 30m roll of this in the post today. Not wired it up yet because I am waiting for some cable braiding so I can make up a pair of Bi-wires to look like bought high-end cables. Very happy with the wire though, nice and heavy and a fat gauge 12.

You don`t need to do bi-wiring, waste of money and cable. Just use the metal connectors between HF/LF and you good to go! Cable looks fine and you didn`t overpay, great!

Amazon product ASIN B01LFAEBU8

Looks good stuff going to get some ordered thanks

You don`t need to do bi-wiring, waste of money and cable. Just use the metal connectors between HF/LF and you good to go! Cable looks fine and you didn`t overpay, great!

It's cool. I am planning to rewire every speaker I have apart from the subwoofer, Will have enough to Bi-wire the two main speakers given they are only 1.5 metres away from the amp, 6m total when doubled up. I looked at buying pre-made wire but the prices are stupid when someone with a little know-how can easily and cheaply make a good looking cable. Got some cable braid sleeving and shrink tubing on order for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom