Speaker wire

jshaun1968

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good evening I want to replace my speaker wire can someone point me in right direction for decent wire

Depends how much you want to spend. You may be more than happy with QED micro at around £2.20 a meter. QED Silver anniversary is a little more expensive at £5.50 ish a meter. I have Silver for my fronts and micro for my surrounds.

Hi thanks for the reply so is it better to use different for front and rear I have a 7.2 amp were is the cheapest place to buy from I use richer sounds but if you no different I would appreciate it

Thanks shaun

It's not that it's better, it's just that the rears are further away from the receiver so there's more cost involved. Then consider the rears aren't used as much as the fronts so I chose to use a cheaper thinner cable. I could also hide it under the carpet easier next to the skirting board.

Decide on your budget, determine how much you need and then shop around. I usually buy from eBay and Amazon but stores like RS will carry it too.

You haven't really provided enough information to be given good advice.

What speakers? What cable lengths?

I've just wired up a set of MK MP300 LCR speakers, which are 4ohm and nearly 10 metre run to the furthest speaker from my power amp. They are fairly decent speakers, but I didn't see the need to buy anything more than 2.5mm copper (not copper clad aluminium) cable from Amazon. I happened to strike lucky with a 'flash sale' with about £10 off, but the regular price isn't that expensive for 50 metres (£44 free delivery):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0194WLXBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought another reel in white for my surrounds/Atmos channels as the flash sale wouldn't let me buy two of the same at the lower price.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
£0.88 a meter? Can't argue with that! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom