Speaker Wire Plugs for KEF 5005.2 Speakers

Revaan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me what kind of plugs i need to connect my speaker wire to the KEF KHT 5005.2 series speakers.
I dont think its banana plugs because the KEFs have a screw type connection.

I am thinking of buying the QED silver anniversary xt wire to connect my Pioneer ax4asi-s receiver to them.
Thanks.
Rev

I did a lot of reading up about wires and banana plugs when waiting for my 2005.2's to be delivered, in the end I didn't bother changing my current wire because in the majority of cases the sites that had nothing to do with flogging expensive wire said the average home setup and listener won't hear the difference.

I haven't banana plugged mine either, but if you wanted to you simply insert the banana plug through the clamp hole and clamp them in.

However the site that put me off banana plugs pointed out that each joint between the amp and speaker increases resistance.

So from amp to one speaker you are talking amp binding post -> banana plug, banana plug to wire, wire to banana plug, banana plug to speaker binding post versus amp binding post to wire, wire to speaker binding post. So 4 joints versus two per speaker!

My plan is to just tin the end of my wires to prevent any splaying or stray wires and forget banana plugs completely.

Thanks guys.

I see what you mean now with all those joints. I think my main reason for getting banana plugs is so that i can easily plug/remove them.

u wont be able to use plugs if your buying the nice stands for em

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom