1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Wall Brackets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by krungthep56, Mar 17, 2005.

1. krungthep56

krungthep56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Can anyone suggest a supplier of quality wall brackets suitable for bookshelf type speaker (Quad 11L's).

I have seen adverts for Btech, but can't find a supplier for them? I have also browed this site for information but with mixed response.

Thnx for advice.

HT

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    http://www.hifileads.co.uk/website/speaker-brackets/btech-bt77.htm

Above is a link to a btech standmount speaker wall backet.

Generally speaking wall brackets are looked down on for a number of reasons by "serious" hifi stores and enthusiasts - namely as they do not hold the speaker firmly enough, are not in the 'ideal possition' and most standmount do not do well being as close to the wall as these make them (namely as many are rear ported). If you look at What HiFi as an example, they will always call the speakers standmounts and not bookshelf to press home their opinion that speakers should be on 'proper' stands.

Richersounds also do a bracket by Gale and I am sure you will find hundreds in the likes of Argos/ B&Q etc

3. wannabeav

wannabeav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst by no stretch of the imagination an 'expert' I would not advise putting the 11L's on brackets. I have a pair and have moved them away from the wall after trial (and error). These are rear ported and the Quads have an excellant clarity to them, keeping them close to the wall took some of this away.

Is this for front stereo or as surrounds on an av system?

4. krungthep56

krungthep56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Wanna and Astaroth,

Thnx for the posts, the Quad 11L's are currently the front (and only) pair of a growing AV system (I currently have Denon AV3805 and DVD3910); they are currently parked on Partington Super stands - on which they sit particularly well.

Eventually, I will add Quad 12L's for the front pair and move the 11L's to rear service with an 11L centre, and I will then be looking for wall brackets - hence the post.

I fully take the comments regarding the use of wall brackets, but am keen to lift them up above the grasp of my 3 year old, and also since at that stage they will be providing rear effects, I am not too massivley concerned about sound fidelity, bearing in mind that at that stage the 12L's will be providing stereo sound.

I have read of the Btech brackets and thought I would look for them as a starting point, but have had no luck with finding their UK distributors from their website.

Once again thanks very much for support and advice: fel free to add further comments.

5. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

I've used Target wall brackets is the past and found them to be very good, seemed to be much better quality than other I had seen.