speaker upgrade

cdsaredead

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi
im on my way to richer sounds tomorrow to listen to pair of wharfedale diamond 220s, is there anything better for that price?
ive got a pionner vsx-923 reciever and im looking to upgrade from the crappy pionner 1s i have now, starting with the fronts as i need better music.

It all starts with a budget, simply put how much can you afford. The 220s will set you back, what £200? If that is what you can afford then go for it, they are certainly well received. In the 1960s I had a set of Wharfdales, I thought I was the bees knees and they served me well.

Look up the food chain and speakers, build quality, sound, performance they undoubtably get better, but more expensive. In the size you are looking at then something like the KEF Q100s maybe that little bit better, then it's a bigger jump in price and quality to the KEF R100s.

Find a supplier who will line up a few speakers within your allowance and audition them. Let your lug holes tell you what's best. Good luck. It's a minefield out there.

hi
im on my way to richer sounds tomorrow to listen to pair of wharfedale diamond 220s, is there anything better for that price?
ive got a pionner vsx-923 reciever and im looking to upgrade from the crappy pionner 1s i have now, starting with the fronts as i need better music.
What about Polk RTI A1. It`s cheaper and the sound performance is pretty decent. Have used it for couple months and looks promising even though the bass is not that awesome. Cannot say much about it since i am not that good in comparing something. Found this review looks legit to look for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom