1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker upgrade shopping list

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by simonb68, Dec 29, 2002.

1. simonb68

simonb68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all

I have recently upgraded my ageing separates to a Primare V25 for CD\DVD duties and a Rotel RSX-1055 receiver, partnered to my original B&W 602s (with vdh The Snowtrack cable). The dealer demoed the kit with 601 S3s and then changed them to Dynaudio Audience 52s to show me the potential and I could hear the difference. I'm very impressed with the new system but the bug has got me and I'm interested in changing my speakers. Being new to this price point and given the wide choice of speakers available I'd be grateful for any advice on which speakers to put on a demo list. Budget is around £6-700 for front pair. Is this a sensible amount to spend with these compenents. What are thoughts on a budget ceiling beyond which improvements would be neglible. Also any suggestions on perhaps speaker cable change in the meantime to give an improvement, if anything the sounds lacks a little detail which I'm hoping a speaker change might improve. Finally this pair will need to fit into a 5 speaker setup so I would probably want to be able to get matching centre and rears if this makes a difference the speaker choice. Having said that is it that important to match rears to fronts?

Thanks (sorry for the length :) )
    Simon