• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker upgrade gone wrong......

yeahman

Standard Member
Current system & car: Suzuki Grand Vitara, H/U = Sony wx-c570 - like one of those large double size head units - it has standard 4x6.5inch round speakers (8watts each). The H/U is 4x45w supposedly with tape/cd & cd changer.

Thought I could buy a cd change adaptor that allows me to use my ipod through the cd changer RCA's (Sony Car Stereo Radio UniLink Audio IPod adapter AUX IN) - got this for a tenner on ebay - this appears to be working but the sound is super *****, So i decide the H/U of 4x45w should be driving bigger speakers - so I purchase for £60 from Half,,ds - 2x6.5inch JBL - GTO628 with rms of 60w each (max 180w) - put these into my front doors replacing the old 8w speakers and they distort easier and sound worse than the old speakers - where did I go wrong, and how do I get out of this mess.....

Do I go forward and purchase a new amp or another radio - I hear Sony is terrible (it's a large radio - are there many on the market that take an ipod).
Don't have much of budget - like max £100 or 140......

Cheap amp looks the way out of this - but are they easer to wire up. should I have gotten less powerful speakers to start with....?

Any help would be great

k13 wjd

Established Member
every fm stereo will take an ipod....you just need to buy an fm sender !

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom