Speaker upgrade advice - from Tannoy Mercury

I could also consider the Silver FX but @Gasp3621 suggested they wouldn't work in my room.

@Gasp3621 I'd be interested to hear your views on whether the LCR would be a lot better than the Oberon on walls for rears or will I be happy enough with Oberon?

You will be happy enough with oberon LCRs. The rears aren't as important as the front 3 matching. It's better and nice to have matching rears but not essential.

The bookshelves are a lot cheaper than the LCRs if a small pair would fit? Something like the spectkor 1 or Oberon 1 should be adequate.

I could also consider the Silver FX but @Gasp3621 suggested they wouldn't work in my room.

@Gasp3621 I'd be interested to hear your views on whether the LCR would be a lot better than the Oberon on walls for rears or will I be happy enough with Oberon?

Stick with the Oberon On-Wall. Compact low depth good looking and won´t cost much.

I now have the Opticon 6 mk2 and Vokal mk2. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially @Gasp3621 and @Jester1066 - I probably asked and took a great deal of your time!

The speakers are brilliant - especially the Vokal. I think the centre speaker is the most dramatic improvement.

The next step is the rear speakers and next year the AV receiver...

@Gasp3621 yes, I need a bigger TV too!

I now have the Opticon 6 mk2 and Vokal mk2. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially @Gasp3621 and @Jester1066 - I probably asked and took a great deal of your time!
Happy to have helped mate. They'll sound even better in a few weeks after they've been ran in 🙂

Dali recommend 100 hours of running in.

Ive left mine running for up to 16 hours a day on low volume and have just passed. The bass will sound better when the drivers loose their stiffness.

There is no need to as long as you don't blast them.

It'll be fine and won't damage the speakers if you play at moderate volumes..

A brand new car shouldn't be driven hard at first...it wont damage a car if you do but I like to look after my hifi and play at low volume initially.

I just left CD on repeat using and old dvd player and a.budget amp.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom