• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker upgrade advice Denon AVC A1HDA

onlyvik

Hello members,

I am thinking of upgrading my speakers.

What is a really good match with the AVC A1HDA?

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but i need a direction for a speaker brand to give it a shot.

This is my situation now

http://www.avforums.com/forums/11704776-post2.html

The problem is that i can´t get the best out of my speakers, the bassport is on the backsite, and a bit close to the wall. I have 35 centimeters left to the wall. I´ve also tried plugs bot the effect is even worse.

I think the best speakers would be with bass ports directing to the front?

Thanks guys :)

Drex

I dont't have a A1HDA,but i do have the model before it,the A1XVA......

35cm ( approx 1 ft ) away from the wall is a lot more than what i've got....I have about 10cm.

I have my A1XVA connected to to a pair of Monitor AUDIO RX6 floorstanders which are also rear ported.

When i have my amp in pure direct mode,it sounds fine,although i do have audyssey on as well.

All i can say is,when i owned a pair of BR5 floostanders ( Monitor Audio ) i couldnt use pure direct mode with my amp,as it sounded like a big boomy mess,even with audyssey turned on.

So from my point of view,a different pair of floorstanders made all the difference....

onlyvik

I dont't have a A1HDA,but i do have the model before it,the A1XVA......

35cm ( approx 1 ft ) away from the wall is a lot more than what i've got....I have about 10cm.

I have my A1XVA connected to to a pair of Monitor AUDIO RX6 floorstanders which are also rear ported.

When i have my amp in pure direct mode,it sounds fine,although i do have audyssey on as well.

All i can say is,when i owned a pair of BR5 floostanders ( Monitor Audio ) i couldnt use pure direct mode with my amp,as it sounded like a big boomy mess,even with audyssey turned on.

So from my point of view,a different pair of floorstanders made all the difference....

Thanx.

I will have a listen to some Usher Audio mini dancer II speakers next week, and try to get them to my home. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom