Novice Member
Hi all,
My current setup consists of the following:
  • 65" Hisense M7000 TV
  • Marantz NR1506 receiver
  • Jamo Cornet 175's for my left and right speakers
  • Jamo Center 160 for my center channel
  • Jamo Cornet 145's for my side surrounds
  • Cheap generic Chinese-made subwoofer branded as "DOME SW-1000" (label on the back says "Made By Gold Sky Inc. (U.S.A), but as far as I can tell, this sub perhaps was once told the US is a place).
I'm planning on replacing the TV with a 77" LG C1 in a couple of months, and started looking into upgrading my speaker set as well.

My budget is in the $2500-$3000 range, and my thoughts at the moment are to replace the speakers gradually over the next year as budget allows:
  1. Replace the sub for an SVS PB1000 Pro.
  2. Replace the front left and right speakers for the Dali Oberon 5's.
  3. Replace the center speaker for the Dali Oberon Vokal.
  4. Replace the surrounds for the Dali Oberon 1's.
The speaker brands available locally are B&W, Dali, Jamo, Monitor Audio, Klipsch, Polk Audio, Kef and Focal.

My listening area is 410 cm (~13.5 feet) by 420 cm (14 feet), but it's not a seperate room, so there's a good extra 4-5 meters extending past it.
My inputs are PS5, Nvidia Shield TV Pro playing Netflix and ripped blu-rays, and a PC for some light gaming.
I'm not married to the idea of floorstanding speakers and would definitely consider bookshelf front speakers if recommended and if my budget allows for bookshelfs that would outperform equally priced floorstanding ones.

I would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom