Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Speaker upgrade. –> elegante E80 system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mouth on Legs, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speaker upgrade. –> elegante E80 system

Currently have Denon DVD 3910 into a Denon 3805 and some small embarrassing speakers which don’t do it for me anymore.

Had a listen to some mission elegante e80 system at local hihf but this was on a top end Yamaha amp Did sound rather good. Going back to listen on a Denon 3805 when they get new stock. Dealer reckoned it is up to the job, and possibly better (sales pitch)

I do have a wife induced size limit (you know the story) hence the acoustimas system, but following advanced negotiations can go up a bit. The elegantes would be the limit. Already cost me a new sofa cant afford to loose the nuts as well…….

Can anybody recommend similar speakers to compare them to (size does count)

Anybody run the elegantes off a 3805, I am worried it is not up to the job

Any comments about the Elegantes, seem to be generally well received.

2. avlava

avlava

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I just bought some of these yesterday. Unfortunately i didnt read up on them before hand as i went in with the intention of buying kef 3005. Anyway with a denon 2807 the kef were ok but not super. Then i put the kefs on an arcam 350 and they sounded brilliant. So i then put the mission e80's back on the 2807 and they sounded fantastic. I couldnt believe it was the same amp.

Anyway the guy said dont try them on the arcam becuase you wont go back.....so what did i go and request? Yep. Stupid me.

Anyway although i havent compared much the missions sounded very good to me and the bass was great. Considering i got them for £1449 ( plus some discount becuase i bought other stuff ) i must say i think its a good price.

Hope others agree...

3. Booger

Booger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whatever you do, don't ever listen to a pair of mission E83's on an Arcam AVR 350 ! :D

4. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the E80 system, liked them so muc made the mistake of upgrading to E82's front. now I want a bigger amp, considering an FMJ AV9 + P7 umph need to talk to my accountant

5. Booger

Booger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If your account says yes, then yes the FMJ is very nice. :)

Otherwise the Arcam AVR 350 is less money, but very nicely matched to those speakers. If fact mission demo'd those speakers with Arcam AVR Amps I believe !