1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker tweak and Optimize

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by creed, Jan 9, 2004.

1. creed

creed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my system :-
    1. Marantz SR4300
    2. Mission M74 as front, Mission Centre Channel and AE Aegis One as rear.
    3. Mirage BPS150 subwoofer (2 X 8inch driver)
    4. Wiring (front wired with FFRC biwiring, others with Cambridge 16gauge OFC wire)

well, i have some slight problem tough, i like to watch dvd and listen to musics, but when in music listening mode, i can't make the subwoofer to work properly except i choose to direct the bass to BOTH front channel and subwoofer...any solution to cure this.?.my front speaker is a floorstander with 2x6.5inch driver, and it extend to roughly 40hz, so i should set the speaker as "Large" or "Small".?.

in dvd movies, sometimes i found out the sound is quite low, then i increased the volume, then i consistently found that the centre channel is lower than the other channels, but if i raise the centre channel to higher level, then sometimes in the movie, like a gunshot in all of a sudden, the centre channel seems to being too loud then, i only hope that the dialogue can be heard clear along the movie...

if i set the front floorstand speaker to "Small", will it be a waste.?.but what i really want to know is, how do i get subwoofer to work in stereo mode, since i don't wish both the frotn channel and subwoofer producing the bass