1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker timbre help, please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Speedy2056, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Speedy2056

Speedy2056
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a bit of a story so please bear with me.

I currently own one of those "surround sounds in a box" systems.

First of all, I bought a 36" tv, the Toshiba 32ZT29B, which came with 4 SSV19 speakers.

I was really not satisfied with them, they lacked punch and didn't really push to even a reasonably louder level either.

I then read about you should never buy a big screen tv with surround speakers as they will sound inadequate. How right this source was.

So to make up for it, I bought the Acoustic Solutions DS633 system as an "add on" to my existing speakers.

Big mistake. I realised you need to timbre match the speakers.

So basically what I want to ask is, even though it's best to go for the same model/series, will settling for the same brand do?

I cannot find the DS633 system anywhere, it's as if it's vanished into thin air but there are quite a few DS833's about.

I want one with the same "voice" as my existing speakers and then just do away with the toshiba ones altogether and just have the acoustic solution's up.

Shall I take the chance with the DS833, as I need one with a DTS decoder, which it has.

I can't afford nor do I have the room to go for the daddy speakers and build it all one by one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

2. conkerman

conkerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yamaha do an AV reciever and speaker system for £200. Just connect the digital out fom your DVD player if you have one? and away you go.

That would be my reccomendation for you

3. conkerman

conkerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yamaha do an AV reciever and speaker system for £200. Just connect the digital out fom your DVD player if you have one? and away you go.

That would be my reccomendation for you

4. Speedy2056

Speedy2056
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks but that would mean that I'd have to start from scratch. I don't really want to do that.

I also like to double up on my speakers as well to give it that bit more depth so I don't really wanna be spending money on getting 2 brand new surround systems.

I'd rather get the additional 'acoustic solutions' amp if it's compatible with my existing model, DS633.

Still, I did have a look at the yamaha's on ebay and some look really good. Not sure what specific model you were talking about though.