Speaker System for TV & Music (Parties) ~£200

Twisted Chaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to get a speaker system for around £200 (I know it's a low budget) that I can use for watching Movies/Gaming (Xbox) and hosting a few parties.

I've been looking at it for a while and have found this soundbar which seems pretty good for the price. SoundStage 5.1 (UK Version) | Home Theatre | Logic3, but would I be better off getting an amp and 2 standing tower speakers?

I know the soundbar isn't true 5.1, but I'm hoping that the sound quality will be good enough for me to enjoy movies and gaming, and loud enough to fill a room full of people with music at a party.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to speakers systems, and have only bought cheap 5.1 setups for my PC in the past.

The TV I have is a 40inch Samsung 5 Series from 2008. I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung LN40B530, but I'll have to check the model when I get home.

The main points I'm looking for is
* Good Quality
* Good Bass
* Loud
* Under or around £200
* AUX input for PC/Laptop/MP3 Player

Thanks for any help!

If anyone is interested I ended up going for the Logitech Z623's, picked them up from Amazon.co.uk for £100.

Speaker System Z623 - Logitech UK

Very good for the price, can be connected to your TV via a dual phono cable, laptop via the aux port on the back of the sub, and also has an aux port and headphone jack on the right satellite speaker.

I have the older model of these in the 2300's and they're very good for what they are, i use mine with my phone/mp3 in the garage when im training on my weights and im very happy with the sound quality.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom