• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker System for TV & Music (Parties) ~£200

Twisted Chaz

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm looking to get a speaker system for around £200 (I know it's a low budget) that I can use for watching Movies/Gaming (Xbox) and hosting a few parties.

I've been looking at it for a while and have found this soundbar which seems pretty good for the price. SoundStage 5.1 (UK Version) | Home Theatre | Logic3, but would I be better off getting an amp and 2 standing tower speakers?

I know the soundbar isn't true 5.1, but I'm hoping that the sound quality will be good enough for me to enjoy movies and gaming, and loud enough to fill a room full of people with music at a party.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to speakers systems, and have only bought cheap 5.1 setups for my PC in the past.

The TV I have is a 40inch Samsung 5 Series from 2008. I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung LN40B530, but I'll have to check the model when I get home.

The main points I'm looking for is
* Good Quality
* Good Bass
* Loud
* Under or around £200
* AUX input for PC/Laptop/MP3 Player

Thanks for any help!

Twisted Chaz

Standard Member
If anyone is interested I ended up going for the Logitech Z623's, picked them up from Amazon.co.uk for £100.

Speaker System Z623 - Logitech UK

Very good for the price, can be connected to your TV via a dual phono cable, laptop via the aux port on the back of the sub, and also has an aux port and headphone jack on the right satellite speaker.

l34052

I have the older model of these in the 2300's and they're very good for what they are, i use mine with my phone/mp3 in the garage when im training on my weights and im very happy with the sound quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom