1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Switch Box?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by WiZeR, Jun 2, 2005.

1. WiZeR

WiZeR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I recently replaced my old Technics AMP with a Yamaha H/C AMP. The mian reason for this was that I wanted a remote controled volume. I am not overley keen on the new setup and hanker after my old AMP. Home Cinema is not really for me, I find it very confusing and ugly.

Anyway, I digress. With the old AMP I had 2 speaker 'zones'. I had the main speakers in the lounge and a set of speakers in the conservatory. The conservatory speakers stayed off most of the time and was used only for 'dinner music' or 'garden music'. With the new AMP I can work out a way to do this. TBH I think I have bought the wrong AMP.

Is there such a thing as a Speaker Switch Box? and if so could someone recommend a good one or point me in the direction of a review or 2?

I'd like to have more speaker 'zones' (hall, garden, bedroom, etc). So I guess i'd need 5 or 6 outputs.

2. WiZeR

WiZeR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anyone??

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    What's the model number of your new Yamaha amp? Most modern AV amps have A/B speaker switching which should do what you're after. :)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215