• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

speaker suggestions for Onkyo 605

faodavid

Standard Member
Hi

Hoping to purchase speakers for Onkyo 605 - Im pretty hopeless at this so could really do with some advice. Useage will mainly be for film but some music too - wont be playing at very high volume - as I understand im looking for 5.1 plus subwoofer ? - the room is minimal so dont want overly large speakers, especially the sub woofer if it has to sit centrally below the wall mounted TV. Room is also fairly large thru living room/dining room approx 40ft long by 18ft wide.

Looking to spend upto £500 new or less for mint second hand

Any suggestions

All feedback gratefully received

Dave

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Hi

Hoping to purchase speakers for Onkyo 605 - Im pretty hopeless at this so could really do with some advice. Useage will mainly be for film but some music too - wont be playing at very high volume - as I understand im looking for 5.1 plus subwoofer ? - the room is minimal so dont want overly large speakers, especially the sub woofer if it has to sit centrally below the wall mounted TV. Room is also fairly large thru living room/dining room approx 40ft long by 18ft wide.

Looking to spend upto £500 new or less for mint second hand

Any suggestions

All feedback gratefully received

Dave

Wow, whilst you may not be playing at very high volumes, the amount of current being drawn to run the speakers at a decent volume in a such a room, might be a factor here... the 605 isn't know for it's huge power reserves!

You'll certainly be wanting some fairly efficient speakers... as for speakers required, the .1 in 5.1 is the subwoofer... so you're just after 5.1 :)

How large is 'overly large' for instance, these are a great buy:

Q Acoustics 1000 Cinema 1010i 5.1 award-winning: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Would needs stands obviously but are excellent....

Or are you more interested in the sub/sat area?

Such as:

Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro 5.1 Box - Available From Stone Audio UK Ltd

You'd obviously be after a second hand deal on those but they sound like they could suit...

RPT

i got some tannoy f4s from richer sounds £150 and a matching center £50, rear speakers are mission wall mounted, they were about £100, which leaves u £200 for a decent sub. or for rears you could get matching tanny f1s booksheleve speakers, about £100 i think or less. they sound good to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom