1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker suggestions for my new setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by matt bellamy, Feb 5, 2005.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I've finally decided on either a NAD 352 or Rotel RA-01 AMP, PROJECT RPM4 turntable and a Nad 521 cd player but am having trouble choosing which speakers to get. The music I'll be listening to will be mostly rock on vinyl and cd (MUSE, Metaliica, David Bowie etc) and so need speakers that will give a powerful sound and strong (but not too overpowering) bass. I have about £300 - £400 to spend on speakers and dont know whether to get bookshelf or floor standing. I am slightly concerned that bookshelf wont give as good bass as floor standers. I've been looking at the following on the net but unfortunately can't demo them anywhere local:

ACOUSTIC ENERGY AELITE 1
    WHARFEDALE PACIFIC EVOLUTION 8
    MISSION M35i
    and
    WHARFEDALE PACIFIC EVOLUTION 20

Does anyone know anything about any of these speakers and also, are there any other that I should consdier?

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would look at B&W 602s3.match nicely with NAD amps,have strong vocals,a nice size main driver,would definately give it a listen.

3. 2morex

2morex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not too sure if you guys can get nhts over there, but they are excellent with nad electronics. They can also be brutal sounding (poor recordings and poor electronics) due to their honesty, but the nad /nht set up is quite nice IMHO you will be pleased.

4. Commited

Commited

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seconded

5. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've read some B&W 602 reviews and they seem really good for the money and so maybe I'll try and check them out some where if possible. I can't seem to find any online shops that sell the nht speakers, does anyone have any links?