Speaker suggestions for Denon AVR4310 receiver

lpang

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm comtemplating buying speakers to pair up with the Denon 4310.
I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable about speakers, so anyone with know how on this receiver please provide your input?:lease:

Budget wise, I'm looking at mid- to upper-mide range.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi everyone, I'm comtemplating buying speakers to pair up with the Denon 4310.
I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable about speakers, so anyone with know how on this receiver please provide your input?:lease:

Budget wise, I'm looking at mid- to upper-mide range.

Thanks in advance! :)

There's many out there that will compliment your Denon (the more senior members will be chiming in shortly!);)

As a start have a look at Monitor Audio, GS range and RX. Something to wet your appetite. As the Denon AVR is regarded as a warm sounding amp then it's worth starting off with speakers that are regarded as being more detailed on the mid upper rangers (aka bright) eg Monitor Audio.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/gold-gshttp://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx

Expect more replies soon :smashin:

Thanks Zorba. Will be waiting for more inputs from the everyone!:clap:

"Mid to upper range" is open to very wide interpretation! Any more info here?

Are these speakers for movies, music or both? Any restrictions on size? What is your room size?

Hi Dav1dF,

ok let try to answer your questions:

I'll be using these speakers for both movies and music (usage about 70/30 movies). My living room is an open area intergrated with the dining area (i.e. no walls in between), and I would say the listening/viewing area will be roughly 5 metres (TV to sofa) by 4.5 metres wide.

Thanks!

Looking at the outgoing Silver series may let you stick to the 4310, otherwise I think you may have to drop down to the 3310. Unless you're open to the suggestion of building up the speaker package gradually - you could then stick with the 4310 and buy the front LCR speakers for example, and add surrounds and sub later on, giving you a better speaker long term, and the amplifier you originally wanted.

Looking at the outgoing Silver series may let you stick to the 4310, otherwise I think you may have to drop down to the 3310. Unless you're open to the suggestion of building up the speaker package gradually - you could then stick with the 4310 and buy the front LCR speakers for example, and add surrounds and sub later on, giving you a better speaker long term, and the amplifier you originally wanted.

Thanks for the tip Dav1df. Any recommendations on which speakers I should audition? Its seems Monitor Audio is one.

As the Silver series is reduced, it'll allow you to get a full package and still let you get the 4310. Either the RS6's or RS8's with the matching centre, with either the RSFX surrounds or a pair of RS1's as rears, along with their matching sub, the RSW12. This sort of package would normally be around £2,000/2,300, but with them being cleared, the selling price is much nearer the £1,000 mark.

Like I said, the alternative is to look at building up the speaker package gradually, which will allow you to spend say £1,100/1,200 on the front three speakers - any idea which way you'd like to go?

As the Silver series is reduced, it'll allow you to get a full package and still let you get the 4310. Either the RS6's or RS8's with the matching centre, with either the RSFX surrounds or a pair of RS1's as rears, along with their matching sub, the RSW12. This sort of package would normally be around £2,000/2,300, but with them being cleared, the selling price is much nearer the £1,000 mark.

Like I said, the alternative is to look at building up the speaker package gradually, which will allow you to spend say £1,100/1,200 on the front three speakers - any idea which way you'd like to go?

Assuming I stick to the 4310, then it would seem going for the Front and centre speakers first would my budget.

One question though: For the monitor audio speaker package, does it need the 4310 to drive them efficiently, or is the 3310 also up to the job?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom