speaker stands

JoeF2k2

Banned
hi guys, got some speaker stands the other day for my b&w speakers, the stands have 4 holes in the corners but i cant what they are for? not as if the speakers have anythin to hold in place? how do i make sure they are secue on the stands and wont fall off due to bass etc? surely they aint suppose to just sit there with nothing to hold them down?

the mechanic

Novice Member
Hi there,
The holes are for attaching spikes so as to isolate the speakers (same as the spikes at the bottom do).
Spiking them this way (top and bottom) will ensure very little vibration is transmitted to the floor and will secure the speakers to the top plate so they wont move around. If you dont fancy spiking the top plates you could do what I do and put 5 blobs of blu-tack (one each corner and one in the centre) and press the speakers down to secure them.

Graham.

JoeF2k2

Banned
fair enough, when u say spiking? do u mean ide have to dig spikes into the base of the speaker?

the mechanic

Novice Member
You dont have to "dig" the spikes into the speaker bases as such. If you fit spikes thru the stands top plates (facing upwards) then you will get marks on the speaker bases. There are spike feet you can buy that will stop them marking, but it seems like a lot of faffing around IMO. Better to use the blu-tack method as it wont mark the speakers at all.

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom