Speaker stands

Cut83

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, so I'm wanting to get my 3020s off my kallax shelves and onto stands.
Obviously aesthetics is a big plus,
The stands I'm mulling over are...
Mission stancette at £70
Apollo cyclone 6 at £100 but noticed no cable management
And finally
Atacama moseco 6 at £125 the look lovely and Inc cable management but a little more than I want to spend
Other than looks will they be a big difference in stability and sound improvement between the stancette and mosecos
Thanks in advance

Pixel Plus at Richer Sounds - £79.95. They look quite smart and come in metallic grey.

Pixel Plus at Richer Sounds - £79.95. They look quite smart and come in metallic grey.
I have seen these and was considering them, the chunkiness of them caught my eye, but the contrast of the silver Spike studs on the bottom plate put me off, yes I am that fickle. I'm looking for black stands really to match my hifi components. Maybe I could spray them black before installation 🤔
I'm not sure really what I should be looking for in a stand to help with sound improvement and stability. Materials, option to fill etc

Actually you're right about those silver studs - what were they thinking. :facepalm:

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I may get some standmount speakers soon. I can't seem to find any stands I like for under £200, such as the Atacama HMS 1.1

Actually you're right about those silver studs - what were they thinking. :facepalm:

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I may get some standmount speakers soon. I can't seem to find any stands I like for under £200, such as the Atacama HMS 1.1
are they not similar to the nexus??
i didn’t realise it would be this hard to choose some stands, I’m itching to get some set up sharpish.

I always rated the Partington Dreadnought stands, they are very sturdy, solid and really allow the speaker to do the business.
They are often available S/H. :smashin:

I'm selling a pair of stands in the classifieds if of interest:

They're sturdy, especially if filled with sand or 'Atabites' (which I include in the sale) and also have cable management.

I always rated the Partington Dreadnought stands, they are very sturdy, solid and really allow the speaker to do the business.
They are often available S/H. :smashin:
These do look nice, just had a quick search but s/h seemed bit thin on the ground I’m guessing that attests to their quality.

I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, 2nd hand pairs come up.
If you could stretch, I think you might find they make a real difference. They have good cable management-the wire you can see in the attached pic belongs to my router.
Aesthetically, I love them . They’re also made in black.

Attachments

• 910FF1A8-30CE-4CED-903F-6888E4EBF772.jpeg
    910FF1A8-30CE-4CED-903F-6888E4EBF772.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 201
I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, 2nd hand pairs come up.
If you could stretch, I think you might find they make a real difference. They have good cable management-the wire you can see in the attached pic belongs to my router.
Aesthetically, I love them . They’re also made in black.
Yeah a friend recently bought these with the concept speakers to match, they do look really smart. A little more than I want to spend but I will have a quick look now for any s/h. cheers

Great - could you post in the thread I linked above and we can sort it out from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, ...

Those are very nice stands, I had a pair for a while while I auditioned some Q Acoustic Speakers.

Heavy steel body which is stabilized with a glass "T" that fastens to the back of the stand. Perhaps not the best if space is tight, but short of that a very nice heavy duty stand. I know I was impressed.

Though I can't be sure, the finish is either Epoxy or Powered Coated, and it is rock hard.

Steve/bluewizard

Their do look nice but a bit more than I wanted to pay. Picked up the nexus 6i stand today from Danial, like new condition and with a tub of atabites to fill them.
Very happy and the improvement in sound is surprising by just getting them off my kallax
😊

A little update to this thread. I purchased 2 pairs of the Pixel Plus Stands (front and surround) for my new Kef R3's with R50a Atmos modules - just £160 for two pairs of these excellent looking stands!?!

Main reason for purchase was the price + apparent quality + smart design. Before reading this post I almost forked out on 2 pair of Atacama Moseco XL500s at 4 times the price these cost me!!

The stands are actually a smart matt black but the Richer Sounds catalogue photo makes them look grey, and yes, they do look a lot like the Dynaudio Stand 6 and even Kef's own Performance Stand which I was also considering.

I'll manage away the ugly silver base plate locking nut with a replacement black one, (or just paint it) plus different wood floor friendly feet.

Anyway, my only concern is the height as the R3s are pretty tall to begin with, though no taller set up than my current floorstanders.

Will update with a recommendation when set up and tested (or otherwise and return to plan A Mosecos XL 500s).

Anyway, my only concern is the height as the R3s are pretty tall to begin with, though no taller set up than my current floorstanders.
With their excellent dispersion I wouldn't worry about that aspect, they are one of the best room filling speakers available. If you're going to have the R50s on top then depending on your seating position and ceiling height you may need to put something under the back of them to give a better angle.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom