Speaker stands

Cut83

Novice Member
Hi folks, so I'm wanting to get my 3020s off my kallax shelves and onto stands.
Obviously aesthetics is a big plus,
The stands I'm mulling over are...
Mission stancette at £70
Apollo cyclone 6 at £100 but noticed no cable management
And finally
Atacama moseco 6 at £125 the look lovely and Inc cable management but a little more than I want to spend
Other than looks will they be a big difference in stability and sound improvement between the stancette and mosecos
Thanks in advance

Tony212

Pixel Plus at Richer Sounds - £79.95. They look quite smart and come in metallic grey.

Cut83

Novice Member
Pixel Plus at Richer Sounds - £79.95. They look quite smart and come in metallic grey.
I have seen these and was considering them, the chunkiness of them caught my eye, but the contrast of the silver Spike studs on the bottom plate put me off, yes I am that fickle. I'm looking for black stands really to match my hifi components. Maybe I could spray them black before installation 🤔
I'm not sure really what I should be looking for in a stand to help with sound improvement and stability. Materials, option to fill etc

Tony212

Actually you're right about those silver studs - what were they thinking. :facepalm:

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I may get some standmount speakers soon. I can't seem to find any stands I like for under £200, such as the Atacama HMS 1.1

Cut83

Novice Member
Actually you're right about those silver studs - what were they thinking. :facepalm:

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I may get some standmount speakers soon. I can't seem to find any stands I like for under £200, such as the Atacama HMS 1.1
are they not similar to the nexus??
i didn’t realise it would be this hard to choose some stands, I’m itching to get some set up sharpish.

MIKEVO

I always rated the Partington Dreadnought stands, they are very sturdy, solid and really allow the speaker to do the business.
They are often available S/H. :smashin:

Danial

I'm selling a pair of stands in the classifieds if of interest:

They're sturdy, especially if filled with sand or 'Atabites' (which I include in the sale) and also have cable management.

Cut83

Novice Member
I always rated the Partington Dreadnought stands, they are very sturdy, solid and really allow the speaker to do the business.
They are often available S/H. :smashin:
These do look nice, just had a quick search but s/h seemed bit thin on the ground I’m guessing that attests to their quality.

Onlythesound

I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, 2nd hand pairs come up.
If you could stretch, I think you might find they make a real difference. They have good cable management-the wire you can see in the attached pic belongs to my router.
Aesthetically, I love them . They’re also made in black.

Attachments

Cut83

Novice Member
I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, 2nd hand pairs come up.
If you could stretch, I think you might find they make a real difference. They have good cable management-the wire you can see in the attached pic belongs to my router.
Aesthetically, I love them . They’re also made in black.
Yeah a friend recently bought these with the concept speakers to match, they do look really smart. A little more than I want to spend but I will have a quick look now for any s/h. cheers

Danial

Great - could you post in the thread I linked above and we can sort it out from there?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
I took the plunge and bought some Q Acoustics Concept 20 stands when putting together my system (the speakers are B&W 606s). They’re at a number of outlets for £169 at the mo but often, ...
Those are very nice stands, I had a pair for a while while I auditioned some Q Acoustic Speakers.

Heavy steel body which is stabilized with a glass "T" that fastens to the back of the stand. Perhaps not the best if space is tight, but short of that a very nice heavy duty stand. I know I was impressed.

Though I can't be sure, the finish is either Epoxy or Powered Coated, and it is rock hard.

Steve/bluewizard

Cut83

Novice Member
Their do look nice but a bit more than I wanted to pay. Picked up the nexus 6i stand today from Danial, like new condition and with a tub of atabites to fill them.
Very happy and the improvement in sound is surprising by just getting them off my kallax
😊