Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

speaker stands

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dazed&confused, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I am looking for some stands for my fron Castle Compacts. Width is 14 cm, depth is 15 cm.

After a search of these forums and the internet I have failed to come up with anything I like that is suitable.

I would want stands about 70cm tall, 80 cm tall max.

I do not really like sattellite stands with a narrow single pole. I don't think they are very elegant and they don't look substantial enough.

The closet thing I have seen is the Atacam Nexus. However, I am really looking for something slightly slimer than this, or at least something with a smaller footplate. Even though I'd like something substantial looking I'd also like them to take up as little room as possible, at least on the floor. I also tend to prefer a single column to the three column Nexus look. The top plate of the Nexus is also slightly to large.

Any recommendations please?

2. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    So nobody knows of any then?

I'm now thinking of making my own. Has anyone tried this? Perhaps using tall, narrow blocks of grantite or marble as the base?

3. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am using Partington Ansa 60's under my PMC DB1's. Fit a treat, and could only really be beaten by the dreadnaughts.

Fish