Question Speaker Stands

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mccartneyk, Jul 6, 2015.

1. mccartneyk

mccartneyk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a pair of CM1 S2's and am waiting for the stands to come in. The speakers I got open box for 800$ so it feels crazy to pay 500$ for the nice stands. Are there any decent 3rd party options that would work? So far I am seeing a lot of crap for third party stands.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,443
    Just buy a pair of stands from someone like Atacama. Great quality stands at a reasonable price. The manufacturers stands tend to be hugely overpriced IMHO.

3. mccartneyk

mccartneyk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got so excited when I saw the product. Then I saw UK shipping only :( Any brands that ship to the US?

4. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169

Up until a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you. However, my ears were opened by getting the "right" stands for my Dynaudio Focus 160. I originally had the Dynaudio Stand 3 from my previous speakers, but when I plumped for the Stand 6 the difference was easily audible, probably due to the added mass and stability. And they look the biz, matching the gloss black of the speakers. Filled with sand they weigh around 15kg each.

However, I did get them "new" for £150 instead of £365 so maybe that had a lot to do with it!