1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker stands

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by G Canavan, Feb 26, 2004.

1. G Canavan

G Canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have just opened the boxes of my new Pioneer NS DV99 but can't really set it up as I need a set of stands as those shelve dohickys are pretty useless. Anyone solved the same problem or have a good idea as in the best type at a good price.

2. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same problem.. I need to find something to attach the speakers to the wall using the holes on the back.
    they do speaker stands for the NV99 at www.leconcepts.com

3. G Canavan

G Canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have looked at those brackets but I don't really want to fix mine to the wall, I would much rather have a stand with some kind of universal connection.

4. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. G Canavan

G Canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They do look good, but for a set of 4 it adds a extra £160 to my overall system. Before I got my pioneer I had an old sony system and a cheap set of stands from Ikea and I think I've found a way to adapt them to hold my Pioneer speakers without damage to them.Should tide me over until I get a bit more spare cash, though if you get some I'd like to know how they look.

6. Garion

Garion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    According to reviews, ns99 speakers sound best next to a wall.
    Another review states that the bass needs tweaking when you get it, to get the best out of it (which seems to confirm the wall thing).
    I just bought wall brackets for £15 from Comet...small and they swivel. Sure you need free standing speakers?

7. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do the brackets you bought from comet fit the pioneer speaker well then? could you give me more details i.e. brand name etc..

thanks

8. Garion

Garion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I cannot remember the name and I have thrown the box away and don't fancy going down the rubbish....

They came in a box (not a blister pack) and swivel on a ball-type thingy. They are small and gray in colour. I wanted the speakers in my bay window, down low, rotating the speaker 90 degrees to face the sofa. They come with about three different fixings for different speaker types. All I can say is that they were perfect for me.

9. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can buy normal alphason pole style speaker stands that start from about £25 per pair as there is a gold coloured threaded hole on the back of the speaker or a key hole style hole.
    which there is usually a screw for included with the stands. At the worst if the stand doesn't come with the right one a couple of quid in a diy store is the worst you could get!

10. jillops

jillops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can you get those £25 a pair stands from? I can't seem to find them!

must try and get to a near-by comet to search for the wall mounting brackets.

I am going to have the front 2 on stands, and the rear two on the wall.

anyone found some other stands for the DV99 yet?

Cheers.

11. Smokey Si

Smokey Si

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got a Pioneer 313 and got the Alphason stands from my local Argos last bank holiday weekend, £27.99 a pair and fitted the speakers like they were made for them, and at a fraction of the price you'd normally pay for the likes of Sony etc - they look tasty as well! I found the screw fitting (included with the stands) lined up perfectly with the screw hole on the bottom of the speakers, not sure if the DV99 are the same fitting though...
    I don't know if that price was an in store bank holiday special or not (not been back since) but they do have them on their website for the same price still, follow the link to find out more

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...0001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89515

Good luck...

12. jillops

jillops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers smokey si!!!

i picked some of those up yesterday right after work! very pleased as they fit brilliantly and yes i managed to get them for £28 (must be in the sale).

Also i found the £15 brackets in Comet for the rear speakers to mount on the wall. Well chuffed.

13. Smokey Si

Smokey Si

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D

No problem, glad to be of assistance!

:smashin: