speaker stands just 8-10cm high?

Jules

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if its possible to get speakers stands that are no more than 10cm high!

Sounds rediculous doesn't it, but I need them to support KEF TDM23F front speakers a-top a KEF45B sub.
They would help reduce resonance and lift the main speakers to the correct height.
As THX designs, the main speakers vertical dispersion pattern is very narrow, so the correct height is vital.

If not available anywhere, anyone have any tips on how to construct something like this at home.

Not sure if they're good enough quality for your application, but Richer Sounds do a pair of Gale speaker stands for about £20 which are the size you require.

I've used them to good effect with a pair of Mission 753's.

Good luck.

Thanks for the Richers tip, I'll pop in and ask.
Although, I think I may have seen them but thought they were a bit taller than that.

Jules,

Yes, I'm afraid I mis-read cm for inches. Sorry.

Not sure if you can cut them down.

(While you go into Richer Sounds, I'll be in Specsavers!)

How about an Auralex Gramma isolation platform. I've not measured mine, but think it should be around the 10cm height you're after.

Gig & Recording Amplifier & Monitor Modulation Attenuator (Single Riser Package) The GRAMMA is an incredibly effective device that's used to float an amp or loudspeaker and yields nearly total acoustic isolation, resulting in a purity of tone that has to be heard to be believed! GRAMMA comes complete with a carrying handle, road-ready carpet, Studiofoam Wedges (underneath) and PlatFoam. 1-2 GRAMMAs will support most amps, speaker cabinets, subwoofers and monitors. Dimensions: 23"long x 15"wide x 2.75"high; Weight Limitations: 300 lbs.
Details from Here or just do a 'google' on 'Auralex Gramma'

Mark.

You could try some Nordost Pulsar Points. They aren't that tall & sound great under speakers (plus they won't mark either). Otherwise RDC cones are good too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom