Speaker Stands for Yamaha NS P220

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarkHealy, Jan 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MarkHealy

MarkHealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, all! I am thinking about upgrading my set-up for surround sound. From numerous threads on this forum and others, the Yamaha HTi-40 seems to be the best way to go. (What Hi-Fi gave it a 5 star review). One thing that concerns me is the fact that the speakers seem to be mounted on the floor. I think that I'd be a lot happier if they had dedicated speaker stands (particularly the rears), however I can't seem to find anywhere which supplies them (nothing at all on the Yamaha site). Can anyone advise me. Many thanks in advance.

2. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got the HTIB40 and the package come complete with 3 small stands (approx. 150mm wide and 40mm high) for the main and centre speakers and wall brackets for the rears. You are able to adjust the tilt and angle of speaker on the brackets as well.
    The main and rears have fixings in the base for mounting on floor standing speaker stands but I dont know whether there are any specific stands made for the Yamaha speakers.
    Excellent system by the way. I am very pleased with the quality sound and build of the Yamaha

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    are 40mm high stands worth it ???

4. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They do help I think! as they make the speaker more stable

5. MarkHealy

MarkHealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm suprised to hear that the stands are so small. I was under the impression that for best sound the speakers should be at 'sitting' height. Am I right in this, or do they perform best on the ground?