Speaker stands for Samsung Q90R rear speakers

Vasek2004

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just bought Q90R soundbar and realized that rear speakers don't come with stands or wall mounts. Apparently, Samsung does not sell any either. Can anyone recommend a solution? Ideally stands.

Thank you

most of the universal amazon jobbies will fit - or you can spend the extra money for the vebos ones.

I also was in the same position as you a few weeks back. There is literally only one manufacturer that makes speaker stands for the Q90Rs. Luckily they're REALLY well made and look beautiful, the down side is they're going to cost you about £130 for the pair. They're made by Vebos and imported from Holland. I'm in the UK and shipping took about 2 working days.

One more thing, if you've not noticed the standard power cables that come with the rear speakers are only 1.5 metres in length. If you need longer ones ensure that they are right angle connectors with shorter heads so they fit through the internal cable trunking of the stands. These are what I bought,

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Another thing thats worth noting is the mounting hole is not metric, I think its 1/4” UNC thread, I bought a cheap pair of stands from amazon but they only came with metric bolts ie 6mm, 8mm etc so I had to dig around to find 1/4” bolts, most places don’t seem to do imperial sizes in the uk

Thanks. However, what is "jobbies"? Sorry for newbie question

sorry - by jobbies i just meant some basic stands from Amazon - here is a link to the ones i bought...

sorry - by jobbies i just meant some basic stands from Amazon - here is a link to the ones i bought...

Did you need longer power cables to use these stands?

Did you need longer power cables to use these stands?

no but the cables do not fit inside the stand - i just used a few zip ties to attach to outside of it.

That said i've decided to wall mount my speakers so no longer be using these :D

no but the cables do not fit inside the stand - i just used a few zip ties to attach to outside of it.

That said i've decided to wall mount my speakers so no longer be using these :D
Thanks for the fast reply will get some ordered

Thanks for the fast reply will get some ordered

if youre anywhere near chesterfield id be happy to sell you mine cheap - i have no use for them now but will be a bit pricey to courier as the base is heavy. Let me know if interested and i'll do a proper sale page - otherwise i'll let them live in the garage for the next few years :D

if youre anywhere near chesterfield id be happy to sell you mine cheap - i have no use for them now but will be a bit pricey to courier as the base is heavy. Let me know if interested and i'll do a proper sale page - otherwise i'll let them live in the garage for the next few years :D
Thanks for the offer already bought the amazon ones plus not close to you.

One more thing, if you've not noticed the standard power cables that come with the rear speakers are only 1.5 metres in length. If you need longer ones ensure that they are right angle connectors with shorter heads so they fit through the internal cable trunking of the stands. These are what I bought,

Hi, if you use the longer power leads, as suggested, will they fit inside the vebos stand? Thanks

I brought these ones for my Q90R soundbar.

Cable fits inside fine and good quality. One negative is the supplied bolts dont properly fit the surround speakers so trying to now find some bolts that will fit (1/4 - 20 UNC thread)

I purchased, and can fully recommend the Vebos stands, certainly not the cheapest but... 2 day delivery from Netherlands via DPD, superbly built - very sturdy, great finish, very well packed, cable goes through post easily, and all supplied screws fit perfect.
Glad I went for a premium stand, as would have been disappointed if I brought budget versions...

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Looking to buy some stands and not sure which to go for.

Those using the Vebos, how high do they stand?

Some of the cheaper options are no longer on Amazon, any other extendable stands? I need around 3-4 feet in height.

I purchased, and can fully recommend the Vebos stands, certainly not the cheapest but... 2 day delivery from Netherlands via DPD, superbly built - very sturdy, great finish, very well packed, cable goes through post easily, and all supplied screws fit perfect.
Glad I went for a premium stand, as would have been disappointed if I brought budget versions...

I think I will order these too. Did you use the original powercable or did you get longer cables? I still looking for the right C7 plug (not higher then 3cm) I got cables from goobay but the plug was to high.

stekker-samsung.jpg

The black is the original, white one I ordered....

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I think I will order these too. Did you use the original powercable or did you get longer cables? I still looking for the right C7 plug (not higher then 3cm) I got cables from goobay but the plug was to high.

View attachment 1247574

The black is the original, white one I ordered....
Does the original cable work with the Vebos stand?

Looking to buy some stands and not sure which to go for.

Those using the Vebos, how high do they stand?

Some of the cheaper options are no longer on Amazon, any other extendable stands? I need around 3-4 feet in height.
We are in the process of exchanging our Q90 sound bar for the Q80. I don't see any point in having rear speakers if the sound is virtually inaudible. We bought these off Amazon and they were delivered last Saturday. We obviously have to sell them and move on.

We are in the process of exchanging our Q90 sound bar for the Q80. I don't see any point in having rear speakers if the sound is virtually inaudible. We bought these off Amazon and they were delivered last Saturday. We obviously have to sell them and move on.

I originally found the rears inconsistent but now I just think it depends on the source format.

Atmos/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA sounds great, anything else is pretty meh. Boosting the rears to +6 helps though.

I thought the same until I manually updated the firmware to the latest US version. Now the rears work perfectly and there is a massive improvement. Awesome sound quality and effects from all sources.

I thought the same until I manually updated the firmware to the latest US version. Now the rears work perfectly and there is a massive improvement. Awesome sound quality and effects from all sources.
In the last half hour I also updated to 1008 using a USB stick as the app does not do the update. The sound is definitely louder on the rear speakers. Will see what it is like when watching Jack Ryan with ATMOS tonight.

In the last half hour I also updated to 1008 using a USB stick as the app does not do the update. The sound is definitely louder on the rear speakers. Will see what it is like when watching Jack Ryan with ATMOS tonight.

I had to do the USB stick as well, check the update has worked, there is a guide somewhere but can't link at moment as at work. You should hear a big difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom