1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker stands for kef kht2005s

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TomBarker, Feb 20, 2002.

1. TomBarker

TomBarker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just splashed out and bought these and would very much like to use my current speaker stands with these (as I am loath to shell out #75 per pair for some metal poles). Is there a kit available to adapt normal satellite speaker stands for the purpose?

Tom.

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Not that I know of - is wall mounting an option ?

3. TomBarker

TomBarker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a small corollary to my own question. These speakers fit quite nicely on Argos Universal Stands (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/comme...9&prmenbr=6970&type=big&thisMode=ols&cgrfnbr=)

There is a bolt in the back of each speaker (the more destructive among you will find that removing it allows you to take the speaker apart). That bolt has an identical thread to the slightly longer one that holds the base on (obviously if stand mounting you can take off the base). By replacing the bolt with the longer one, you can put it through the holder on the stand before screwing it in. Since the stands are only £30 instead of £80, I feel entrirely justified in ordering an extra pair of rear speakers which should be here in about a week.

4. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondered what other stands people have used their KEF's with. The KEF stands look nice but are silly priced really.

5. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tom,

You mentioned the bolt at the back allows you to dismantle the speakers. Does it allow you to take the front grill of without fiddling about with the speaker too much? Just wondered what these speakers would look like without the grills :)

6. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I had a look at these babies in my local dealer yesterday with the stands...I don't know if they were official Kef stands, but where the ones you saw silver with a dome support. They looked abit tacky and i'm certainly not forking out that much on stands.

I'm having these demo'd to me later on and will ask them about stands..

Stan..

7. TomBarker

TomBarker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure. The bolt secures two halves of the case together and the grill is in the front half of the case. I think you would have to remove the gubbins (technical term) to remove the grill. I'll actually be practising what I preach tonight as I've finally gotten my extra pair of speakers (Damn you Kef for your slow deliveries) so I'll take a look.