Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Speaker stands & cabling to suit WD Evos

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BrianC, Sep 1, 2004.

1. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Hopefully I've posted this in the right bit, appologies if not.

I spent Monday morning tuning my mates AV setup using video essentals, a SPL meter and some demo dvds/cds. He has:

a cheap pioneer DVD player,
    an old Yamaha av amp (I think its a 396RDS?),
    B&W 601 s2s (bi-wired with decent cable, sitting on some good quality stands, set to large on the amp, no sub in the system)

after tuning the stereo sound via CD just blows my setup out of the water - av is noticably better on my setup, but then he has no sub and a naff center speaker that is due to be replaced. I do not think there should be such a big difference for audio?

My setup:
    Wharfedale evo 8s, silver ani cable (not bi wired - using the supplied gold coloured adapter), sitting on a shelf, set to small on the amp (bass is via a SVS 20-39)
    yamaha 630 RDS
    HK DVD 25 source

I'm guessing that a move to bi-wiring and decent speaker stands would improve my setup and I'm after recommendations. :lease:

Any other suggestions for improvement are welcome.