1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker stands and the little screw-in uprights ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by StuartBooth, Nov 18, 2000.

1. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had some 'full-tower' speakers for a few years now but recently upgraded to some, errr, 'bookshelf' speakers that require stands.

I got some very old stands out of the attic that I'd bought for my student-days HiFi (Celestion 3 speakers @ ~£100 I think! How things have moved on ;-) ). Now these came with little bolts that screw into the top plate I always just sat the speakers on.

But now I've got something nice on these stands I figured I need to set them up properly.

Are these little 'peaked' bolts mean to screw into the top-plate, then use the bolt to secure them, and finally rest the speaker on top of these 4 bolts?

Or are the bolts mean to slot into holes I'd have to cut in the speakers? This is something I do NOT intend doing.

What thoughts?

Stuart

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You put the spiked bolts into the tops of the stands with the spikes facing upwards. Then sit your speakers on top of them. These spikes are there to acoustically isolate the speakers from the stands, and improve the sound quality.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'
    MiB 1997

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.